Welcome Guest: Login | It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

Board index Racing & Regattas Championships New Double Handed Category

Moderator: Sabre

New Double Handed Category

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:24 pm

I was looking on the Victorian website and noted the intention to create a new double handed category for juniors.

Are there many juniors currently sailing double handed?

Is this also likely to be run at the Nationals? :?:

two handed

Postby Wild One on Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:50 pm

hi all,
this sounds like a great idea :D who came up with it.
At Paynesville we have 2 boats sailing two handed, i've been talking to the kids about it & they say it is the only way they would get out on the water racing.

Both boats are a part of our sailing school, we have tryed to get other kids from the school to come & race with us. But this is only way we can get the kids out racing. They did very well to, the frist boat came 5 overall & the sceond boat came 10 overall out 17 for the season.

It helps being two handed where i sail because we get strong winds most weekends.
Good sailing to all,
Ben
Wild One
Wild One

Double handed division

Postby Fiona McCulloch on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi Ben

We are currently finalising the Sabre Notice of Race for the 2006 State Titles to be held at Black Rock YC in Melbourne. We will be having a double handed division so please come along

Regards
Fiona
Fiona McCulloch

2 up

Postby Wild One on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:26 am

Hi Fiona,
that's great to here that there is going to be a divison for people to sail 2 up, it's a great idea. It should get more kids into the class, i will not be coming to the states this year but a bit down the track i will.

Can u tell me when the states are meant to becoming east of melbourne next because at the Gippsland lakes yacht club we have 8 sabres sailing every weekend for a club race & we would love to have the sabre states here because we have a big fleet racing now.
Good sailing to all,
Ben
Wild One
Wild One

Return to Championships