Welcome Guest: Login | It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 am

Board index Buying & Selling Looking For... Sign-writing on stern

Moderator: Sabre

Sign-writing on stern

Postby matt webb on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi,

Can anyone provide contact info for inexpensive sign-writing for name/number etc for the stern of my boat. The grey tape is getting a bit worn out.

I know some people have used an online service.

Thanks
Matt
matt webb

Postby andrewb on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:40 am

Try JPmark:

www.jpmark.com.au

The contact there was Kiz Vathanavong when I bought some a month or so ago.

They have sheets of vinyl letters - the 2" & 1" sizes comply with YA Special Regs Section 2 for size (50mm high / 8 mm thick for name & number, 20mm high / 4 mm thick for club name). The packs are about $11 each. The number of each letter supplied could be an issue. I've put a pdf copy of the number of the number of letters in each set at: users.tpg.com.au/cramond/letters.pdf. I found that the two lines 1/16" apart wasn't needed. The instructions on using water & detergent were useful.

Discount Seamart in Elizabeth Street (Melbourne) Have black 2" letters at 35c each (Unfortunately, not exactly the same style as the jpmark ones so you can't necessarily mix & match them in one word).
andrewb

Postby Sabre on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 am

Matt,

The website people have been using before is boatnames.com.au.

If you use it, best advice is to measure the area you want the names to fit in, and include that with your order.

Also if you mention the boat is a DInghy / Sabre he should know the rough size as a number of people have been ussing him recently.

CHeers,

Ashley
Sabre
Site Admin

Return to Looking For...