Welcome Guest: Login | It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Board index Other Stuff Newbie Questions replacement for Goldspar gooseneck fitting

Moderator: Sabre

replacement for Goldspar gooseneck fitting

Postby big kahuna on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:16 am

I noticed that my goose neck fitting is cracked on one side. Can you still get Goldspar fittings, or if not, what is the next best option?
Thanks
Greg
big kahuna

Gooseneck fittings

Postby Mike Simpson on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:36 am

I believe Goldspar still make a gooseneck but to a slightly different pattern to that previously recommended, but it runs out of arc travel such that the aft end of the boom will not drop onto the cockpit floor when the sail is lowered, resulting in a heavy moment on the gooseneck fitting.

The new fitting is probably OK as long as you pull the boom off the gooseneck before lowering the sail.

Alternative is the Riley RM680, but check the black band measurement after fitting as it will vary slightly.

I think John Dixon (Iecon) has both types available.
Mike Simpson

Postby andymac on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:59 pm

The Goldspar one is very hard to source these days. In my opinion it is much better than the Ronstan and other equivalents. Sometimes you can find chandlers with old stock...if so, grab every spare one you can and advertise them here!

Cheers,

Andy
andymac

Postby big kahuna on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 pm

I have had a look at the Ronstan goosenecks and they leave a lot to be desired. If I get a new metal bit made for the goldpsar will this be acceptable?
big kahuna

Return to Newbie Questions