2122 Timber build project just completed

Home Forums Development & Design Boat Construction 2122 Timber build project just completed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    miayxv74385
    Participant

Hi all, just completed a new timber boat 2122 using 4mm Gaboon ply from Boat Craft Pacific and West System Epoxy Resin, Fillers and Adhesive powder. International 2 pac paint system for build up and top coats. Spars purchased through Jim Scott and a standard North Mainsail from the boys in Brisbane. The trolley is aluminium and I made the FRP/Ply hull supports to suit. Project was completed in the garage over about 4 months in-between driving tugs around the Brisbane River and family commitments. I started out building a jig table with station point templates to get the shape I wanted. Hull came in a little over min. at 44 kg. I have managed to build some very light stiff foils using western red core and unidirectional with epoxy. Grand total including trolley is $6,500 (not including Rum and Beer consumed during the project) Currently sailing at Maroochy River Queensland and also race Impulses. The Sabre is a very enjoyable boat to sail and race and I have enjoyed the project of building and racing the little boat very much :D

BruceG
    Participant

Well done. Looks great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Boat Construction’ is closed to new topics and replies.