Who’s looking forward to the racing?

Home Forums Other Stuff General News Who’s looking forward to the racing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BruceG
    Participant

Hi all out there in Sabre land!
    Exactly one year ago I was re-varnishing my deck on my recently purchased Sabre and contemplating competing in the biggest fleet I had sailed in for around 15 years. I had only 6 Sabre races under my belt after not having sailed a dinghy for about 10 years. Since the I haven’t looked back.
    It’s been a controversial year and having been involved, directly and indirectly, in the controversy Surrounding the class I am glad to say that I believe that things have turned out for the best for the class. I’m grateful for the people that have helped me along the way and sincerely apologise to the people I rubbed up the wrong way.
    This year I will be sailing the first amateur built fibreglass Sabre (YMS mould) and although I have been spending more time building rather than practicing I am seriously looking forward to racing in Adelaide. It will be a great challenge as the conditions will be vastly different to the flat water I am used to in Perth
    Can’t wait to get out there and have some Serious fun.
    Craig.

Scott Olsen
    Participant

Craig

Great Post !

Bring on Adelaide, look forward to seeing your new pride & joy, and for the Sabre class – farewell to a tricky but transformational 2014 – and bring on 2015 !

Cheers

Andrew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General News’ is closed to new topics and replies.