Lake Keepit – one day event – June long weekend

Home Forums Other Stuff General News Lake Keepit – one day event – June long weekend

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hi – FYI Sabre sailors – the Lake Keepit SC is holding one day of sailing on the June lng weeknd – in lieu of their cancelled (due COVID-29) Annual Regatta.
    Keep an eye out – for the opening of sailing events in your area – please support the clubs affected by COVID, and the associated/local small businesses that benefit from your participation in sailing events.
    For the LKSC day – sailors will need to be self-sufficient off the water, ie food etc that the club cannot at this stage manage to provide under Health Regs.
    Do your best to support small sailing clubs.
    Sabre Sue

Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hey everyone – I had a great time.
    It was very light – but the sun was shining and it the LKSC folk I met were fabulous.
    I now know all about ‘duck weed’ – and how it means there isn’t any algae in the water, just a deficit of ducks :-)
    A bit of feedback ….. a visitor to the event, after chatting together about our respective choices of off-the-beach dinghy, told me that “if he had to live in Melbourne he would sail a Sabre”.
    C ya,

andrewr
    Participant

I’m jealous. No regattas allowed here in Victoria at the moment. The only club still operating that I know of is Lysterfield Lake Sailing Club. Been getting some great sailing there. The club is VERY happy to have visitors and it would be hard to find a more friendly club. So if you’re in Victoria and want to have a sail and/or race – come to Lysterfield! It’s not quite as warm as Qld, but it’s fun! :D

Alan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General News’ is closed to new topics and replies.