Sabre Training Video’s

Home Forums Other Stuff Newbie Questions Sabre Training Video’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Does any of our assosiations have a sabre training video?

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

@Andrew wrote:

Does any of our associations have a sabre training video?

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

To my knowledge there are no training videos specific to Sabres currently in circulation.

I’m not sure if Yachting Victoria would have any footage of training camps that included Sabres.

Regards,

Maree Early

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

The closest you will get is the movie “On the Beach” -latest version which includes about 3 mins of footage with the 2 main characters sailing sabres.

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

Hi i am peter reid sailing sabre 1555 and started sailing sabres in 1986 in sabre 1209 -regarding your interest in a sabre training video ,there was a video made as part of the cairn curran nationals- ( i had bought sabre 1209 but had not got round to rigging it ,not that i knew anything about how to sail a sabre anyhow)- The video featured some great close up shots of duels between geoff wood and wayne bates and other top sabre sailors during the nationals on lake cairn curran which is somewhere near maldon i think- the video was shown at what is now ashwood college- i am not sure if it (the video)still exists but either wayne ,john snellgrove or barry stow who were active on the commitee at the time may know whether this video still exists- it definitely inspired me at the time and i am still in the class- good sailig

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Thanks John,

You know I was talking with Wayne last night but I forgot to ask.

Cheers

Andrew

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Sorry Peter,

no idea why i called you John.

Cheers

Andrew

sabre_wa
    Participant

We took some vision at the SSAV training weekend as the first stages of making a a DVD that will hopefully serve as both a training and promotional tool. Over the course of this season we plan to capture some additional sailing footage and more tips from our gun sailors to add to that. Time permitting we’ll compile it over the winter.

Andy Mac

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Newbie Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.