What’s the rule on using 2 sails in championship?

Home Forums Other Stuff Rules What’s the rule on using 2 sails in championship?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi all,

Just wanting to know what is the rule on using 2 sails in a championship? If they are both measured can you ues both if you talk 2 the association?

harvey6111
    Participant

The rule is simple – only allowed one sail – but in case of damage with permission may change the sail.
    Stephen Early

liamedleston
    Keymaster

I am fairly sure that there is not a Sabre Class rule that only one sail or set of foils can be used in a regatta.

It is has been practice for as long as I can remember that the Notice of Race for each Nationals and Vic Titles has included a specific clause resticting to one sail/foils unless, as Stephen says, written permission is obtained from the race committee in exceptional circumstances.

I believe this is a throw back to the early days of the Sabre with the objective of minimising cost.

It is probably obsolete now given that virtually every competitor at titles these days has 2 or more sails…perhaps the committees running the various state and national titles should reconsider whether these retrictions are still necessary in the future.
    It certainly has done nothing to prevent people buying multiple sails.

Barry Eastgate

salliemerry674
    Participant

Thanks guys for your input, i just wanted 2 know if there was a rule on it. because if i get another sabre i would be gettin 2 sails, a standed sail & a flat 1 for windy days because im only light & have a hard time keepin the boat flat in alot of wind. so i thought a flat sail would help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Rules’ is closed to new topics and replies.