Outhual – New rules

Home Forums Development & Design Rigs & Sails Outhual – New rules

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    desireesprouse7
    Participant

With the outhaul soon to be allowed without a towel rail and with the line permitted to run through the boom i was seeking information on possible arrangements of the outhual without a towel rail. I have looked at the laser arrangement as this looks like it may suit. Two sheave boxes, one at the aft and one at fwd end of the boom could also be used to run the control line through the boom. I have included a link to the laser arranegement below.

http://www.jdemarine.com/laser__rigging.htm

I would be interested if anyone has any ideas?

BruceG
    Participant

I am not even sure if any of the new rules were passed. I have posted asking about this already.
    Craig

melva9954009412
    Participant

As advised on the main page of the website, all 41 proposals (the so called ‘new rules’) were passed by the State Associations by postal vote on 30 Nov 2013 per a properly constituted Special General Meeting. The date advised that these rules would come into in effect is 1 Feb 2014.
    There is some confusion around the Perth Nationals AGM resulting from a long dissertation from Brett Young regarding bow section measurements which were not covered or even contemplated in the 41 new rules.
    I was unable to attend the nationals at the last minute so it was difficult for new national office bearers to be 100% sure of some pertinent facts and therefore took a conciliatory and cautious approach.
    New National Measurer, Nick Mouat has taken the sensible approach of letting Brett in particular and any other professional builder to make suggestions in writing that will safeguard the current shape and boats already in existence from any possible radical changes.
    I should point out that every professional builder, including YMS were invited in late 2012 to provide input re the 41 proposals (i can provide proof of the email requests if any one doubts this). Not a single builder provided any response, although some did acknowledge that they would not be responding). I made comment on this at the 2012 AGM.
    Unfortunately, a crucial motion which was supposed to be voted on at the Perth AGM was deferred due to some of the distractions that apparently occurred. This means that one and possibly 2 existing moulds will not measure at new station 4 when the new rules take effect 1 Feb 2014. A Special General Meeting to be voted by post will be called shortly to rectify this unfortunate situation.
    Nick will discuss the written submissions from builders with State Measurers in early March and will submit any new rules/amendments for vote.
    So to be clear, the 41 amendments passed on 30 Nov 2013 still come into effect on 1 Feb 2014.
    Nothing discussed at the 2013 Perth AGM effect those rules unless future amendments are proposed.
    Barry Eastgate

National Secretary

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi Barry

I must have been at a different AGM compared to the one you are discussing here, I was under the impression that it was agrree to hold off on the rule changes until they can be properly discussed and looked at agian at the March long weekend in Aderlaide. Maybe I mis understood what was going on! 😳

BruceG
    Participant

Hi “guest member”. I was not a the meeting but I was led to believe the same. This is the bit where we need to consult the sabre constitution to determine whether the rules were passed correctly. Where the hell is the constitution? It is one of those docs that is meant to readily available to every member.

rochelledover74
    Participant

Hi Barry

I was also under the impression that the new National measurer was going to take submission and discuss any issues with the state measures in Adelaide and therefore the rule changes where on hold until that time. I was under the impression there where a couple of the new changes that needed some more thought before implementation. Although I must confess I may have misunderstood Mr Ian James motion, so my apologies if I have it wrong and please correct me if I do.

I would like to thank the previous committee for all the great work that you all did over the last year, rule changes are always hard and I think you all did a great job. I would especially like to thank the Jones Clan who ran a fantastic national and we are all very proud of their huge efforts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Rigs & Sails’ is closed to new topics and replies.