2008 Safety Beach Nationals

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships 2008 Safety Beach Nationals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi all,

was wondering what the numbers were looking like regarding those thinking about going to the nationals this year.

I know its a long way out but curious if its expected to reach the 100 number and how many are planning to come from interstate.

I went the last time it was held in Victoria and had a great time (and learnt a lot).

Also has any one stayed at the dromana big four caravan park. Looks like one of the better priced parks in the area and a short drive to the club.

liamedleston
    Keymaster

Hello.

From a Committee point of view interest to date in the Regatta has been good.

We currently know of some Tassie and QLD sailors who are expecting to make the journey.

As an estimate, getting between 20 – 35 from the each of the larger Sabre clubs like Black Rock and Blairgowire clubs is not unexpected.

When you add in all the other numbers from clubs around the bay, Gippsland (with an ever increasing fleet) and other lake venues like Sugarloaf / Albert Park lake etc, we’d easily predict 70 – 80 as a good starting number.

Who knows, with a bit more excitement locally and some more visitors from interstate we may break the 100 barrier this time.

It would also be nice to get a strong contingent from SA this year if some one knows the expected numbers who are travelling.

If any one is still interested in selecting somewhere to stay the two obvious choices are a holiday house or caravan park.

For a house, we have found to date some of the adds on Realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au under the holiday rentals are the best bet. Especially if you split the cost of the accomodation between a family or a group.

For caravan parks the Dromana Big Four is a good one, as are a number of other parks in the Dromana area. We actually popped into a couple of the larger ones (including the Big Four) in Dromana and they seemed clean and well layed out. The choices in Safety Beach itself were a little limited so look a little further a field and you should have no problems. If you need to leave the car with the family each sailing day, bring a bike to ride to the club each day (its nice and flat).

Also if your happy for a 5 to 20 miute drive to the club, any accomodation from Mornington to Blairgowrie would suit your needs and help you get the best bang for your buck. We have included a map in the flyer on the Australia home page to help with this choice.

Given the Mornington Penuinsula (which Safety Beach resides on) is a holiday spot, finding a nice place in the general vacinity shouldn’t be a problem.

If you have any other questions about the area or activities don’t forget to post them here, as I’m sure some one will be able to answer your question.

Thanks
    Ashley Parkinson
    StairWay to Heaven 1590

liamedleston
    Keymaster

For those who are interested, Safety Beach is happy to accept rescue boat crews and other volunteers to assist with Nationals activity out on the water.

What better way to enjoy the regatta if you have a family member sailing than out on the water to watch the action.

For those who aren’t sailing but would like to be part of the big event please contact Ashley at

[email protected]

with your relevant details and he will pass on to the club.

Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hi,
    if there are still entries out there to come in,how do Iknow if the organisers have received mine?

liamedleston
    Keymaster

You don’t really expect confirmation do you.
    Presumably you will see that your chq has been presented.
    We had 52 entries as at 27 Nov. We decided that with the current financial uncertainties to waive the the late entry fee. The only real reason for a late fee is to get entries in early enough for clothing sizes/orders and for catering. The late entry fee will likely be reinstated in about 2 weeks.
    Barry Eastgate

Paul Matthews
    Participant

HI,
    I do NOT have a cheque book – so I did not send a personal cheque.
    So I would thus not see my cheque cleared – would I.
    Much water has passed under the bridge since I sent the blessed thing off.
    Is there be an entrant list published somewhere?
    Slowest Hand

Paul Matthews
    Participant

HI,
    I have established that I did an electronic funds transfer on 19 September 2008, for $250.00 (ref K2536945607).
    Is it possible to tell me if I sent paperwork?
    TY,
    1505/Slow Hand

liamedleston
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Your entry has been received and payment made, so all is good.

See you in around 4 weeks.

Cheers,

Ashley Parkinson

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.