Cleveland Dress Code

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships Cleveland Dress Code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hello,

Being a Vic Sailor and heading for the QLD Nationals this year, I have heard numerous stories of jelly fish and tiger sharks.

Not much you can do about tiger sharkes except sail with a big stick, but was wondering if QLD sailors wear anything over the legs to protect from jelly fish when launching etc. as part of there normal sailing kit.

Was expecting to be wearing long sleeve rash shirt and shorts all week, but not sure what else is the norm.

Any info in reagrds to standard practice would be helpful so as to pack the bag with the right goodies before heading north.

Thanks.

penniscruggs760
    Participant

Hey mate…

Look i have been sailing at Cleveland Yacht Club for the past 7 years and i have been stung numerous times. Still no one wears anything special as well as the usual sailing gear. If you are worried it may sound “guirlly” but wear a pair of womens tights and a bottle of white vinegar also comes in handy… As for the Tiger Sharks they are attracted with the smell of VB but stay clear if you drink a real bear like xxxx haha

Look forward to seeing you all at the nationals this year…

Ryan 😈 :D :P :D 😈

Less than 150 days to the CYC nationals!!!!!

Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hello,

The ramp is concrete and there are rocks (not sand) around the launch area – so boots/sailing shoes are highly recommended.
    Support crews should note this as well. They should pack their old old joggers or similar footwear.

In terms of risk of injury to legs, I would say that risk associated with sunburn is higher than risk wrt jelly fish. Leg covering to avoid the need for sunscreen is thus a stronger reason or covering up.

Winnie the Pooh

Paul Matthews
    Participant

Visitors are recommended to pack ALL forms of personal protection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.