Gippsland lakes yacht club easter regatta

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Events & Other Regattas Gippsland lakes yacht club easter regatta

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,

here’s a great regatta to go to for sabre’s, we have 8 to 10 boats sailing every club race. we are looking at about 8 club boats for this regatta, we would love to see some other sabre’s all welcome.

the notice of race & any other information can be found here http://home.vicnet.net.au/~glyc/easter_nor_2006.pdf

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,

come on guys it’s a great place to sail at easter, we have 4 races i thought that you melbourne guys would come down to race in a big fleet. :D well hope some of you can come

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

hi yeah i had planned to sail some of the regatta as my sister has a house on raymond island but have got this flue wog for almost a week that really makes one feel s–t h—e so i had to abandon plans but will try again next year especially as you guys seem to be in the front run for the next victorian based nat championship but of course that wasnt my reason for visiting i just think the lakes are a real pretty place to sail-peter reid sabre 1555 endorphin

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi peter,

that’s bad luck, it was a great regatta. We had 11 sabres 10 club boats & 1 vistior sail sunday & 10 on monday. Saturday was blown out so we didn’t get to sail bumer 😥 but that’s life.

Sunday was a nice day we had 1 back to back race in the afternoon, it’s was about 12 to 15 knots at times very up & down. The place getters in the 1st race was 1st 1658 F Bancroft Unfinished Business GLYC, 2nd 691 B Maskiell Speed demon GLYC & 3rd was 1521 Frodo T Kirby WLBC. The 2nd race died to about 8 to 10 knots, the place getters where 1521 Frodo T Kirby WLBC, 2nd 554 Rufred D Bacon GLYC & 3rd was 305 Pipit M Jefferis GLYC.

Then on monday we had our round the island race that was meant to be on saturday but was blown out so we sailed it on Monday morning, the wind was about 0 to 4 knots it was crap. We had a time limit of 3 hours that was set on saturday, because it was a afternoon race so we didn’t get all the way around. place getters were 1st 168 Fuss Pot M Simpson GLYC, 2nd 554 Rufred D Bacon GLYC & 3rd was 703 Pocket Maxi R Van Elden GLYC.

The results are on this website under race results easter home.vicnet.net.au/~glyc/ the monday race is not up yet or overall results. so hope to see some more next year

salliemerry674
    Participant

the link doesn’t work here is the right one sorry http://home.vicnet.net.au/~glyc/

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Was having a look at the Gippsland lakes website and can’t seem to see any mention of the Easter regatta this year.

Is it on for 2007?

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,

yes it is on again, i can not give much more information then that untill the club get the notice of race out but when they do i will post it. if i get anymore information then i will also post that. everyone is welcome we hope to have near 10 club sabres out for the regatta.

salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi all,

here is some information about the easter regatta

Easter Regatta

The popular Easter Regatta is on again. The program consists of the ‘Round Raymond Island Race’ on Saturday afternoon, a ’30 Nautical Mile’ race on Sunday for CAT5 boats, and a ‘Around the Sticks’ Race on Lake Victoria on Monday afternoon. For off the beach boats unable to compete in the 30NM race, two back-to-back races will be held on Sunday afternoon in Lake Victoria. In addition to the local fleet, a number of boats will be visiting from the Sabre Association, so close and exciting racing should be the order of the day. Visitor fees are $22/day or $55/series.

for more information go to the Gippsland lakes Yacht club website

http://www.vicnet.net.au/~glyc/

if the link doesn’t work go though the yachting victoria website

hope some of you can make it

dulciechristense
    Participant

SABRE SAILORS NOTE
    The popular GLYC Easter Regatta is on again.

This low key regatta conducted on the beautiful waters round Paynesville will give you a taste of the venue of the Sabre National Titles for 2008/09.

The program consists of the 11NM ‘Round Raymond Island Race’ on Saturday afternoon, a 30 NM race on Sunday for CAT5 boats, and a round the sticks’ race on Lake Victoria on Monday afternoon.
    For OTB boats unable to compete in the 30NM race, two back-to-back races will be held on Sunday afternoon on Lake Victoria.

Visitor fees are $22/day or $55/series.

You may like to do a bit of casual sailing in the spare surrounding hours. I recommend Duck Arm, about 2NM from launching at GLYC; Bunga Arm / Ocean Grange about 3NM+; Sperm Whale Head National Park about 2NM.

Phil Johnson and Mike Simpson are committed.

Be aware that accommodation is hard to find. I recommend you try the following sources
    RESTHAVEN CP, Gilsenan St, PAYNESVILLE, may have tent spots. Ring on 5156 6342
    EAGLE POINT CP (5 mins to P/ville) may have powered sites & will likely have unpowered sites. Ph 5156 6232
    You might try a search thu’ http://www.gippslandlakesescapes.com.au/Accommodation/All/ for some scarce and/or expensive flats and houses. Try also Bairnsdale Motels.
    BAIRNSDALE CP, 139 Princes Highway BAIRNSDALE, (Ph. 5152 4066) may have tent spots (15 mins to P/ville)
    SUNLAKE HOLIDAY FLATS in Paynesville (walk to GLYC) have 2 two bedroom flats (four people) and 2 three bedroom flats (seven people) available NOW!
    Lake King Waterfront CP and Allawah CP are fully booked as of 28 Feb.

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,

that’s great to hear that some of you r coming to our neck of the woods, hope more will come the more the merry a

salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi all,

here is the notice of race for the easter regatta

http://www.vicnet.net.au/~glyc/easter_nor_2007.pdf

the entry form

http://www.vicnet.net.au/~glyc/easter_entry_2007.pdf

dulciechristense
    Participant

COULD ALL PROSPECTIVE ATTENDEES AT THE GLYC EASTER REGATTA PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR POST HERE?
    Mike Simpson

salliemerry674
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Events & Other Regattas’ is closed to new topics and replies.