Great Victorian States

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships Great Victorian States

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    harvey6111
    Participant

It is a pleasure to post this message as after almost every titles there are people complaining. In this case I must congradulate the Victorian Committee and the Race officer and his crew. The polo shirt was one of the best ever (even competes with the Nationals shirt) and I overheard others make favourable comments about it.
    The courses were all set with good angles (although the reaches killed me) and dead to windward works. The starting lines were good and the length of the course ideal as it spread the fleet out and I do not thi nk many changes would have occured even if we raced for another hour in each race. I must admit Roger did have the advantage of steady breezes but when the weather went funny on Saturday he pulled us off instead of trying to the second planned race in. This was fortunate as we missed the squal that came through with gusts up to 65 knots (as measured on Challenge).
    I think the slightly earlier time frame also helped as in March the wind tends to get lighter and less predictable.

A great Job folks
    Stephen Early

Scott Olsen
    Participant

Agree – a very good series. If only all our titles were blessed with such nice consistent breezes ! Glad you like the shirts too – I wanted something that people would wear as it’s good advertrising for the class, and maybe makes people feel good about being a Sabre sailor.

harvey6111
    Participant

Just to point out a problem all organising committees have in selecting a club. Many will say you should go to such and such a club as they have great administration. Unfortunately the association has little say in who the club organises to run the races. We were blessed with great race administration for the states but those rock members who sailed this weekend know how bad it can get with a change of crew. The less said about todays race the better. I could not find one person who was complimentary. It unfortunately seems that common sence is not so common.

Stephen

Scott Olsen
    Participant

C’mon now Steve – tell us more ! What went wrong ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.