Haselgrove Mold

Home Forums Development & Design Boat Construction Haselgrove Mold

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

The Haselgrove mold is now in WA and I was woundering if anyone new the hystory of this mold.

Is the shape OK and are the boats that come out of it in the past fast.

I now that Ben Lawrie from Complete Composites builds a realy great boat as I have seen some of his 14’s and Javelin’s, so should be no issue there.

julianekennion4
    Participant

Great to see a mold over in WA. Having a local glass builder will surely help the class grow. I saw a recent boat out of this mold at the National’s in Adelaide. It looked great. I mistook it for a new YMS boat as has a very similar finish on the decks.

As for fast? I think the nut on the end of the tiller is a larger influence, however I can categorically say that it’s not slow! Why? I vividly remember being lee bowed by this particular boat :-)

Thanks for keeping us all posted on what’s going on over in WA.

Cheers,

Chris
    Espresso 1778

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

@CDance wrote:

Great to see a mold over in WA. Having a local glass builder will surely help the class grow. I saw a recent boat out of this mold at the National’s in Adelaide. It looked great. I mistook it for a new YMS boat as has a very similar finish on the decks.

As for fast? I think the nut on the end of the tiller is a larger influence, however I can categorically say that it’s not slow! Why? I vividly remember being lee bowed by this particular boat :-)

Thanks for keeping us all posted on what’s going on over in WA.

Cheers,

Chris
    Espresso 1778

Thanks for the reply Chris, WA is sure progressing fast, there seems to be a new boat each week turning up, good luck in the nationals :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Boat Construction’ is closed to new topics and replies.