Help wanted, survey – dinghy trailers

Home Forums Other Stuff Newbie Questions Help wanted, survey – dinghy trailers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    linniegilfillan
    Participant

Hi, I am currently doing a final year engineering project at University. My project involves designing a collapsible dinghy trailer. If you could please fill out the below survey it would be a great help as I need an accurate picture of the target market.

1) How often do you use your dinghy?

2) When not in use where do you store your dinghy?

3) Do you currently own or use a dinghy trailer?

4) How much did your current trailer cost?

5) How often do you use your trailer?

6) When you use your trailer how far do you travel?

7) When not in use where do you store your trailer?

Thanks for your help.

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi nathan,

1) How often do you use your dinghy? most weekends in summer

2) When not in use where do you store your dinghy? in it’s pen at my yacht club

3) Do you currently own or use a dinghy trailer? yes

4) How much did your current trailer cost? $500

5) How often do you use your trailer? 4 times a year

6) When you use your trailer how far do you travel? 600kms

7) When not in use where do you store your trailer? in my shed

hope that helped

Paul Matthews
    Participant

1) How often do you use your dinghy? Weekly (Sep – May incl), Monthly (Jun – Aug incl)

2) When not in use where do you store your dinghy? Club house at my sailing club

3) Do you currently own or use a dinghy trailer? Yes, I own trailers

4) How much did your current trailer cost? One was $1800 (my main trailer, quality trailer for towing two boats), one was about $500 (6 x 4 box trailer) and one was about $500 and one was kinda thrown in with a boat (but it has a broken spring at present). Yes I have 4 trailers.

5) How often do you use your trailer? The main trailer gets used about once a month.

6) When you use your trailer how far do you travel? Well, that varies a lot. Shortest trip would be 50km return home to club. A weekend trip for a local regatta would be on average 300km return. I would say that at present on average once a year I do a BIG trip, say 5000km return.

7) When not in use where do you store your trailer? (Main trailer is in carport, other trailers are under the house)

Hope that helps. Sue

linniegilfillan
    Participant

Thanks Ben (Speed Demon) and Sue (Catwalk), you have been a huge help in justifying the need for a dinghy trailer that can collapse when not in use.

Thanks again
    Nathan

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Nathan,
    Info as requested, sorry for the delay, I am Navy and have been at sea

1) How often do you use your dinghy? Most weekends of the sailing season, often both days.

2) When not in use where do you store your dinghy? Under veranda or in shed.

3) Do you currently own or use a dinghy trailer? Both, own and use 2 trailers, 3 soon to be 4 beach dollies.

4) How much did your current trailer cost? Heron / Sabre Trailer $850 Custom built. Dolly’s approx $450 each self built.

5) How often do you use your trailer? See Q1

6) When you use your trailer how far do you travel? Rockingha to Perth About 60km each way, other places as req.

7) When not in use where do you store your trailer? Under the boat.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Newbie Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.