Hobart Nationals

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships Hobart Nationals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi All

Final preparation for this years national championships in Hobart is almost complete except for the usual last minute items of course.

I have heard a whisper that the Spirit of Tas is down on bookings this year so I would assume there is still plenty of room available.

I really appreciate those who have made the effort and extra cost to compete at this years nationals. Remember it’s only every five years you get to experience a trip to Tassie. Half the fun is travelling to and from nationals, as well as the great fun you have during the week.
    Also, we have loads of prises to give away, not to mention a sail and set of foils up for grabs.

Not too late to make a booking…

For those who have made a booking, don’t forget your entry…

If your wondering about the new years eve dinner…
    It is a two course meal to get you started for new years eve and families are welcome. It is not intended to be part of the program but more a social gathering. Seating is limited so make sure you get in early.

Please, if you have any questions drop me an email or put a post in the championships section.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the nationals.

Cheers

Andrew Bradshaw

Peter Leader

Andrew,

Is the pub crawl on new years still happening???
    I’m looking forward to a relaxing series in Hobart…no light winds please!!!

Cheers,
    Maree

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi Maree

Pub Crawl is a goer and basically starts with a meal and continues to…
    and may involve some drinks on some local yachts at the wharf.

I booked the wind as soon as i returned from Blairgowrie, so this national is two years in the making. I asked for 10 knots plus. Wayno wanted 30 knots and heard a whisper the sleeping giant Russell Bates wanted 40 knots to make the trip with his 100 proof Southern Comfort.

But I think 10-25 knots should be just fine.

We are seriously considering running some races below the bridge this year, weather depending.

Your thoughts???

Cheers

Andrew Bradshaw

harvey6111
    Participant

Andrew
    I am getting old so only require 35 knots – as long as no races are held under 20 knots – this talk of 10 knots is giving me nightmares. As for the other side of the bridge – I am all for racing in areas where local knowledge is at a minimum.

Stephen Early

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi All

Well, it’s not long to go now till Lindisfarne Sailing Club comes alive with a swarm of rairing to go Sabre Sailors.

We have secured more sponsors including another rudder blade from a high profile boat builder.

REMEMBER ENTRIES CLOSE AT THE END OF THIS MONTH, OTHERWISE THEY ATTRACT A LATE ENTRY FEE OF $25.

Cheers

Andrew Bradshaw

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

What is the wind like on the other side of the bridge ? It’d be nice to try at least a couple of races over there to give it a try – at least for the variety. The ‘usual course’ on the club side of the bridge gets a bit predictable.

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

By the way guys – our current count re Blairgowrie boats is 7 – Andrew Graham, Alan Riley, Wayne Bates, Albert Riley, Andrew Little, John Petschel, and Ian Warner.

How are your overall entries going ?

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi All

To date the following interstate entries have been received:
    W. Bates
    Albert Riley
    B. Eastgate
    A. Little
    A. Graham
    B. Wright
    Alan Riley
    R. Gale
    P. Johnson
    M. Early
    N. Farrell
    D. Francis

The following people’s entries haven’t been received:
    (These are the ones I am aware of that may be competing)
    P. Stallbaum
    J. Dixon
    S. Early
    L. Raymond
    R. Rooney
    M. Johnson
    J. Petschel
    I. Warner

We should have approx. 20 boats from Tassie competing, which should make a great competative fleet of around 40 boats!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Andrew Bradshaw
    SSAT – Secretary

Peter Leader

Andrew,

Great news on the list of competitors and potentials…

I spoke with the NSW sabres on Saturday and Nat is the only one coming down.

Have you had any entries from Queensland.

Also, we will hold the AGM after new years day.

Maree
    1613 hello buoys

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi Maree,

I thought Shane would have brought his new boat down from NSW?

I haven’t had any entries from QLD to date, but you never know?

We can have the AGM on the 2nd January, what time where you thinking? We have racing at no earlier than 1pm that day.

Cheers

Andrew Bradshaw
    SSAT – Secretary

Paul Jenkins
    Participant

Andrew,

No new boat that I am aware of.
    Maybe I am overdue for one.

Shane N.
    (Still in imaculate condition)

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

At present none of the Queensland members are able to go to the Horbart nationals this year. However we all look forward to seeing you at the Queensland nationals next year.

Ryan Kirk – 1546 – Skinny :) 😈 :)

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

So how do they promote their nationals if they don’t participate in Hobart?

Especially if they want Tasmanian entries?

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

It’s hard for Brisbane people to get to Tassie and vice versa – 3 days on the road each way is a big ask. That’s why it’s a shame that the schedule of nationals sees these 2 states being one after the other. But agree that it’s not good when a state has nobody at a nationals just 12 months before hosting – organisers pick up a lot of tips by seeing how other states handle things.

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Is all the racing going to be on the Lindisfarne side of the bridge ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.