Last three rounds of Qld Sate Titles

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Events & Other Regattas Last three rounds of Qld Sate Titles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James Bolton
    Participant

Is it possible to enter for the last three races at Southport? I did not own my boat for the first three and being just over the border in NSW it would be a good thing to be able to enter for the rest of the States.
    Lea 1679

Ewan Campbell
    Participant

Yes Lea you would be most welcome to sail in the last 3 races at Southport, I am from Cleveland Yacht Club which is just outside of Brisbane, we actually have a member who lives just over the border as well, he sails with us regularly and will be sailing in the states too. Look forward to seeing you there. Anne – Go-anna 644.

James Bolton
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Anne. I have been trying to find a boat measurer within striking distance of the Northern Rivers but without success. My boat was built by Robin Haselgrove in Adelaide and I don’t think there should be any problem with it passing measurement but of course it must be done for any championships. What would be the chance of having it measured, say, the day before the next three rounds if you happen to know someone who might be able to do it? Also, should I contact Southport club regarding an entry form? Is it the Hollywell division?
    Lea- “WooHoo”

Ewan Campbell
    Participant

Peter Skinner is our State measurer, he lives at Terranora N.S.W., I shall contact him in the next couple of days if you like and see if something can be worked out. Has your boat ever been measured? Foils and sails are measured every year before State and National Titles. If your boat has been measured it should have an A class certificate, the reason I ask these questions is so that I can pass this on to Peter so he knows what needs doing. Don’t think there will be any problem with entering you should be able to do this on the day, and yes it is the Holywell division.
    If you can get back to me, I will contact Peter and perhaps give you a contact number for him as well. Like the name of your boat!
    Anne “Go-anna”

James Bolton
    Participant

Anne,
    No, my boat is new and has not been measured. It would be great if I can contact Peter Skinner to arrange something for before the titles. I use my husbands car trailer to move the boat around and so it would be fantastic if something could be arranged for just before the titles.

I come from Richmind River Sailing Club (Vice Commodore). We have a Regatta coming up on Sunday the 13th March. I would just love to have some more Sabres to race!!!! Do you reckon you might like to come down for that? Is there anyone else (including any other dinghys or trailersailers) that might be interested? Let me know and I will send a notice of race and some entry forms.

Does Cleveland Club have anything to do with the Peel Island Classic?
    Lea

Ewan Campbell
    Participant

Ok, I will give Peter a ring and explain all, then I will give you his phone number so you can make arrangements for measuring. Thanks for the invite to your Regatta, I myself would not be able to come as I do not drive, not sure about others, we also have a trailer sailer division, so maybe if you send the notice of race etc., there maybe some interest.
    Send NOR to Cleveland Yacht Club. P.O. Box 15 Cleveland. Qld. 4163
    Yes we hold the Round Peel Island Marathon Regatta, it is on the 15th of May this year.

Ewan Campbell
    Participant

I will send you and email with Peter’s phone number.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Events & Other Regattas’ is closed to new topics and replies.