National Championships

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships National Championships

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    harvey6111
    Participant

May I congradulate all those who sailed the recent Championships. I have sailed now 14 championships and attendend 3 others supporting my children. I cannot remember a championship with as many boats capable of winning at any time. Also and more importantly was the spirit I observed amoungst the competitors. The cooperation, respect and sportsmanship amoungst the competitors was fantastic and I hope continues for many years. I guess now all I need do is work out how to get to Tassie (and the annual problem of loosing some weight)

Stephen Early

julianekennion4
    Participant

I’d like to second that. This was my 11th Nationals and 2nd in the Sabre Class. The racing was just as close and exciting as any event I’ve participated in but more importantly the Sabre class wins hands down on the social side. Great social events, great sponsored prizes, friendly racing and large fleets.

It also amazes me how much effort people will put in to take out the S**T of the Day award… all for our entertainment of course! :-)

Thanks to the club and organizing committee. Also, as a Victorian, special thanks should go to the interstate competitors who made the trip. See you all at Tassie next year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.