New Double Handed Category

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships New Double Handed Category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

I was looking on the Victorian website and noted the intention to create a new double handed category for juniors.

Are there many juniors currently sailing double handed?

Is this also likely to be run at the Nationals? :?:

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,
    this sounds like a great idea :D who came up with it.
    At Paynesville we have 2 boats sailing two handed, i’ve been talking to the kids about it & they say it is the only way they would get out on the water racing.

Both boats are a part of our sailing school, we have tryed to get other kids from the school to come & race with us. But this is only way we can get the kids out racing. They did very well to, the frist boat came 5 overall & the sceond boat came 10 overall out 17 for the season.

It helps being two handed where i sail because we get strong winds most weekends.

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi Ben

We are currently finalising the Sabre Notice of Race for the 2006 State Titles to be held at Black Rock YC in Melbourne. We will be having a double handed division so please come along

Regards
    Fiona

salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi Fiona,
    that’s great to here that there is going to be a divison for people to sail 2 up, it’s a great idea. It should get more kids into the class, i will not be coming to the states this year but a bit down the track i will.

Can u tell me when the states are meant to becoming east of melbourne next because at the Gippsland lakes yacht club we have 8 sabres sailing every weekend for a club race & we would love to have the sabre states here because we have a big fleet racing now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.