Numbers for Adelaide

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships Numbers for Adelaide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Given the Adelaide Nats. will be the 30th (quite an achievement) does anyone hazard a guess as to how many boats will attend?
    There are 12 from Tassie planning to cross the paddock which is something of a record for the small island.

Cheers
    matt.
    Zahir

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi All,

I would like to kick off a list on the Sabre website of those going to Adelaide Nationals to help determine the fleet numbers. If you are going please and I have forgotten you pls add to my list with the next number in the list !

Thanks, Fiona (Vic President)

1 ) Fiona McCulloch
    2 ) Ashley Parkinson
    3 ) Andrew Graham
    4 ) Robbie Graham
    5 ) Wayne Bates
    6 ) Russell Rooney
    7 ) Phil Johnson
    8 ) Steve Early
    9 ) Chris Dance
    10) ?

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

The unfortunate (or fortunate) fact is that Adelaide has heaps of Sabre action in 2007 as a group of 4 Black Rock sailors plan to visit Adelaide for the Australasian Masters Games in October so to a degree Black Rock’s fleet has been split between the two events – true it would be possible to attend both but once you get old enough to qualify for Masters there is just not the need or desire to do everything in life that possible (at least speaking for myself) -for the record the other 3 are John Dick, Doug Bennet and David Wood-my reason for going was that Adelaide is turned over to sportsmen from over 30 sports complete with an opening and closing ceremony-mixng it with people of similar age and interests- in terms of trophy winning, the competition would be tough against the Adelaide locals no matter which (Masters Games or Sabre Nationals) event one went in as they (the locals)would probably go in both- (ok so i figured there was more likely to be wind in october Ha Ha)

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi,

I haven’t had much luck with building the SA Sabre Nationals attendees list.

Matt from Tassie- can you please list who will be coming from TAS as I think you mentioned there would be 12 ? who are they ?

SA, QLD, NSW – can someone pls add the list

Many thanks
    Fiona

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi Fiona
    We have a great team from Tassie who aim to have more fun than anyone else-
    Thus far, according to my info, the sailors are
    Peter Cook
    Chris Keil
    Matt Westland
    Daniel Pritchard
    Jake King
    Mike King
    Andrew Bradshaw
    Caitlyn Drury
    Phillipa Szabo
    Eric Szabo
    Ron Bugg
    Arie Westland.

Cheers
    mat
    Zahir

harvey6111
    Participant

Matt
    What are you trying to do ruin the reputation that Tassie sailors dont travel. I guess you are just trying to make it hard on us guys and I will finish lower (numerically) than I had hoped. Besides that how will I get much peace with that many Tassie sailors around. Actually I will look forwards to having so many of you there – it should make a great nationals – dont know what I would do after christmas if I didnt go to the titles.
    Stephen Eraly

harvey6111
    Participant

Matt
    What are you trying to do ruin the reputation that Tassie sailors dont travel. I guess you are just trying to make it hard on us guys and I will finish lower (numerically) than I had hoped. Besides that how will I get much peace with that many Tassie sailors around. Actually I will look forwards to having so many of you there – it should make a great nationals – dont know what I would do after christmas if I didnt go to the titles.
    Stephen Early

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi Stephen
    Yes we are working on correcting any misunderstandings about Tassie sailors-notably each of us has been carefully selected so as to have only one head.
    We are also planning to ensure we have the most fun.

See you there
    matt
    Zahir

Scott Olsen
    Participant

Fi

At least another 7 Blairgowrie boats are confirmed, and I haven’t yet had reponses from all. So add Geoff Smith, Allan Riley, Albert Riley, John Petschell, Rob Hartnett, Callum Burns and Andrew Little to your list.

Cheers

Andrew

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Fi,

Fiona Wilcox will also be going to Adelaide,

We are yet to decide where we will sail this year, but it looks like Black Rock to give Fiona the most opportunity to get her boat (Miss D. Meanor – 1665) Tuned up better – It sailed like a dog at the states, but it was launched the morning of the first race, had way to little mast rake and an old sail.

It is possible we may also have room on the trailer for a second hull if anyone in Melbourne is interested in sharing a tow/the drive and fuel costs. The trailer is designed to carry two Sabres, and a beach dolly will be supplied as it is customised to the trailer

Paul Matthews
    Participant

#1415 Winnie the Pooh will be there.

S

5 yrs on: I sailed 2002 Nats in 1494 which was a sister boat to 1415
    10 yrs on: Dick Wilkins sailed Largs Bay in 1997 (I think in 1415)

15 yrs or retirement!!! 1496 Bounty Hunter (sister to 1415 and 1494)
    Yes all 3 built by Bruce Keir.
    Yes, I have brought them together, back to their home in Qld.
    1494 now idles her time in the Cleveland clubhouse, sailed by Stan Miller from time to time.
    1415 – currently sailed by Sueby
    1496 – under cover beside Sue’s house witing for her to retire

The difference in numbers – because back in those days states were allocated batches of numbers – 1415 went to Brissie (Dick), whilst 1494 and 1496 went to Sydney!!

Anyway, bottom line is that #1415 “Winnie the Pooh” will be there this Nats.

krystalcrooks90
    Participant

After the Nats is it lightly that Elwood will see an increase in numbers in the leadup to the Vic States?

Cheers,

Chriso.

caroline13q
    Participant

Hi all!

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Below is the updated list for this years nationals.

1 ) Fiona McCulloch
    2 ) Ashley Parkinson
    3 ) Andrew Graham
    4 ) Robbie Graham
    5 ) Wayne Bates
    6 ) Russell Rooney
    7 ) Phil Johnson
    8 ) Steve Early
    9 ) Chris Dance
    10) Steve Douglas
    11) Geoff Smith
    12) Kirsten Smith
    13) Rob Hartnett
    14) Alan Riley
    15) Albert Riley
    16) John Petschell
    17) John Dixon
    18) Fiona Wilcox
    19) Callum Burns
    20) Andrew Little

Between Vic, Tassie and the home fleet, should be a well attended regatta.

Fiona

Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hi Fiona,
    Guess you didn’t get the jist of my earlier forum entry

21) Susan Hextell (#1415, “Winnie the Pooh”)

S

Eat more honey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.