QLD Australian Titles

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships QLD Australian Titles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

In regards to the QLD Nationals, are there any dates set for the beginning and ending etc.

For those wishing to attend from interstate, organisation of holiday leave and accomodation requires a little advanced warning.

Thanks in advance.

dulciechristense
    Participant

On 15/2 I sent all states a suggestion from Victoria the we start one day later to permit a more leisurely trip to the titles from the more distant home states and sought some feedback that might guide Queensaland on finalising dates.

Victoria also thought that extending the series to eight days, Friday to Friday inclusive, would allow seven races in the afternoons when breezes are more reliable, NY day as a layday and mornings for resails.

Discussion in this forum would also be welcome!

Mike Simpson
    Nat Sec

Paul Jenkins
    Participant

Mike,
    Make an Executive Decision and advise the dates so we can secure accommodation bookings. We are neally into March.
    I hear there are already booking difficulties for some who must be guessing the dates. Are there already issues with accommodation availability?

shane Navin

dulciechristense
    Participant

Advice from QLD is that the title dates will be first race Fri 29 December 2006 and the last race Fri 5 January 2007; seven race series; one drop; lay day New Years Day; mornings available for resails.

Keep your eye on the QLD site for updates and start making your bookings!

Sorry ’bout the late notice – I’ve been away!

Mike S

Scott Olsen
    Participant

Mike

So much better to be finishing on a Friday than a Wednesday.

Also good to have a series over an 8 day period rather than 7.

It seems a shame though to be going back to just 7 races – 10 were scheduled for Hobart, and even if you don’t get that many completed it still makes for a better series in my opinion. Noting wrong with 2 back-to-back races in an afternnon occasionally (short courses with 3 beats).

Accommodation is proving very hard – even worse in terms of the ideal scenario of having everyone together ! The Cleveland terrace appartments won’t be taking holiday bookings.

arlethaneild
    Participant

Hi all!

On the accomodation issue, I have had alot of trouble finding accomodation that will take a family of 2 adults and 4 children under 9! I have however finally found a house that would be perfect but it is actually too big and quite expensive for just us to be in. Is there anyone interested in sharing this large 4 bedroom home with 300 degree water views, just down the road from the yacht club? If you want to have a look at the house I have booked the link is http://www.stayz.com.au/5964 If anyone is interested (another family perhaps!) please reply. The cost of the entire house is $375 per night. That equates to less than $100 per room! We figure we can fit us and the kids into 2 rooms comfortably. The house can sleep up to 12 adults!

Thanks
    Faye

penniscruggs760
    Participant

Hi all,

Im Ryan from Cleveland Yacht Club, The house Faye is talking about I am fairly sure looking at the pictures is only 100 meters from the club. It is a Massive House!

Well theres a fun fact for you all…

Cya at the 2006 Nationals Hosted At Cleveland Yacht Club!

Ryan :D :P 😈 :P :D

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

My sister Margaret Neeson is enthusiastic about sailing at clevaland for the nationals-If anyone owns a double trailer and is only taking one Sabre or anyone who owns a double sabre trailor who is not going could loan it so i could tow both our sabres could get in touch as Margaret has been sailing very well last season and is keen to go to queensland

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.