Rigging

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

I’m currently building a Sabre and are close to finishing. I note that my local marine shop says the rigging list :?: from the construction notes is quite out of date with several items no longer available. Does anyone have a more upto date list or is the best process to rig the boat 1 stage at a time and only buy fittings that suit the purpose?

Scott Olsen
    Participant

Aah yes, that rigging list. Very out of date.

I think it fair to say that most people go for a fair bit of personal preference re how they fit-out their boat. I based mine by copying partly my previous boat, and partly the 3 previous national champion winners. It made for a mix of brands (mainly Ronstan, but some Holt and Goldspar too).

It would really benefit you if you could have a look at some of the top boats in Adelaide or Melb before you start – both for brand of fittings as well as placement

melvinjenkin
    Participant

I have a listing of what I usually fit to a boat. As Andrew said a lot of the selection is a personal preference but I think I have been very selective and looked at a lot of boats to see what they are using so its probably a fairly objective selection. Note however it is based on functional efficiency and weight with cost being a very secondary consideration. Please contact me if you require this list.
    [email protected]
    W 03 9729 1188
    M 0402 008808
    Fax 03 9729 0198
    2/15 Kearney St
    Bayswater VIC 3153

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Boat Construction’ is closed to new topics and replies.