Sauna Sail at Hazlewood Victoria

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Events & Other Regattas Sauna Sail at Hazlewood Victoria

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi All,
    I’m Ben from Gippsland lakes yacht club Paynesville, victoria.
    We have 7 sabres racing every week & i just wanting to know how many sabres from Melbourne were going.

It is a great long weekend of racing, it’s on the Queen brithday weekend.
    If you want more info go to vyc web site & look at the latest news page

Ben

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

The Sauna sail is a great midwinter event. Water is warm aprox 70fin places. The pondage usually only has small waves so unless you fall in things are pretty good. The club provides the food that sailors like but the foodies hate ie pies pasties etc etc etc. The event is well run on the water.They have doing this for a long time. I would encourage all Sabre peoplr to give it a thought. I usually go for the Sunday,leave Melbourne abot 6.30 am. It is an easy drive Morwell. If when you get up in the morning it raining do not go back to bed. The weather pattern at Hazelwood is usually quite different and a good day is had by all.
    I am intending to go again this year on the Sunday.

salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi phillip,
    Great to here your coming my (‘:D‘), yeah it’s a great regatta.
    I’ve been going for 5 years now, it’s like a 2nd home for me & i wouldn’t miss it for the world.

So come all sabre’s around victoria it’s a great regatta, we had 4 sabres there last year & we only need 5 boats for our own division.
    so come on & have some fun, i can’t say it is the best sailing i have done but i like beating the faster boats around the bouys.

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,
    just remember this regatta is one of the best in Victoria, so hope to see a few sabres from Melbourne & other places in Victoria to come down & have a great long weekend. It’s on the Queen’s brithday long weekend next week, for more info go to the yachting victoria website.

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,
    we had 11 sabres at the sauna sail, good competion had by all. It was a ok weekend but the wind didn’t come in till the last race of the weekend. I will post the results when i get them, but if you want to look for yourself then they will be on the vyc website.

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,
    here are the results from the sauna sail, i will only put the results of the sabres.
    1st 1655 Power of one – Trevor Naismith
    2nd 331 Stone Cutter – David Mason from Mt Martha YC
    3rd 1644 Shearwater – Phillip Johnson from BRYC
    4th 691 Speed demon – Ben Maskiell from GLYC
    5th 1104 Bottoms Up – Sarah Naismith from LYC
    6th 554 Rufred – Dave Bacon from GLYC
    7th 1281 Ugly Duckling – Tom Davie from WPYC
    8th 552 Blue Fin – Peter Lessels from GLYC
    9th 1199 Rapid Eye Movement – Glenn Newman from GLYC
    10th 626 Incredible Hulk – Rob Van Elden from GLYC
    11th 1102 Think Pink – Ruth Ryan from GLYC

So great weekend had by all, the only problem was that we couldn’t get our own divsion.

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

Hi Ben- had a most enjoyable sail on the pondage on sunday (due to other stuff i only had one day available)-the wind was very shifty and made for real challenging sailing -despite the water being warm, the wind was icy so i am glad i did not go in cos i think the wind chill would have been real nasty- could not figure out why only the upwind seem to be windy while the downwinds were light anyway a great day out on a very pretty sailing location- sabre 1555 endorphin- Peter Reid

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi peter,

that’s great to hear it was a weekend better then last year. i will post the results and if any one want any photo’s just pm me and i will send you the photo’s

salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi all,

it’s on again a few of us Gippsland lakes sabres are going, here is the info http://www.lvyc.org.au

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Events & Other Regattas’ is closed to new topics and replies.