Victorian Teams Event

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Events & Other Regattas Victorian Teams Event

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Looking for results of the teams event but cannot find on either sabre assoc or Mordy web sites ?

liamedleston
    Keymaster

The John Seeber Memorial Teams race results and comments are on the Vic website

Barry Eastgate

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

To prove that we at black Rock are as much about participation as competition – We are not only entering our own super legendery Oranges and Lemons Team, but my own team will be boosted by a really good friend of mine and recent national champion and our goal is specifically compete directlly with the oranges and lemons as much as our friends from blaigowrie- we also propose to mix other experienced sailors in our other teams to boost our depth- Peter Reid Black Rock Sabre Rep

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Is teams racing the only time between now and the State Titles that I can get my boat measured?? And do I have to have a team to participate in the teams racing??
    Cheers James
    1421-Son Of Coco

liamedleston
    Keymaster

James,

Actually we don’t measure boats at teams racing, its for foils and sails which have to be measured each year before entering a big regatta (ie states or nationals).

If you would like to get your boat measured its a whole other kettle of fish.

You will need to contact John Dixon (Vic State Measurer) as the process takes a little time and you’ll need to tee up with John when he is free.

His contact details are Ph : 9729 1188 and email [email protected]

Our records show that your boat is a Botteril composite, so its very possible your boat may have been measured previously.

The original name of boat 1421 was ‘Mirage’ and it was lauched back in 1991.

Would be great to see you at teams racing.

No you dont need to bring a team on Saturday. Lots of teams are created on the day so please don’t consider this a problem. Its more about getting out on the day and having some fun in a bigger than usual size fleet.

Regards,

Ashley

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Thankyou very much your information was very helpfull and interesting and i am still not sure wether i can make teams racing but ill try and get over to Mordialloc
    James

sabre_admin
    Keymaster

Yes i remeber Mirage- like all the botterill composites a very good boat . I believe it was bought by Charles Csabi who sailed sabres for many years at Safety Beach but sold the boat when he moved to North Queensland- Charles always bragged that he bought the boat for a song because whoever had it built, never took delivery and it went into botterill stock before being sold to Charles- a well known female sailor from blairgowrie bought it from Charles but only kept it a few years before buying a brand new plywood boat

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Have any results been published for the teams event held 9/12/06

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Events & Other Regattas’ is closed to new topics and replies.