WINTER DINGHY REGATTA – RQYS, Manly on 21-22 June 08

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Events & Other Regattas WINTER DINGHY REGATTA – RQYS, Manly on 21-22 June 08

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hi,

As indicated in earlier postings, this weekend is the annual Winter Dinghy Regatta at RQYS.

FYI – there is one Sabre presently regularly sailing at RQ – so if anyone can get alone to show off the class etc, get your boat out and sunscreen applied.

Looks like being a light wind – so not much physical effort needed.
    Hope to see you there

Saturday eveniing, Sabre sailors are having a meal at the RQ Boardwalk Cafe. I will get numbers Sat morning so a table can be reserved.

Sue

Paul Matthews
    Participant

Hi,
    For the southerners keenly or jealously eyeing the Qld fleet, we had SIX Sabres in the regatta, which attracted 75 entries overall.

Race 1 was a moderate SW, and Race 2 a fading SW, ending in a tow home from the finish area.

We all had some learnings from the event – myself, that it is NOT good to start before your Numeral Pennant is displayed (yep I took off with the wrong fleet in Race 1, and Gary followed me!). Others got confused about the trapezoidal courses – sailing N1 rather than N2, or N1 rather than O1 and some other variations!

Dinner on Saturday night was great – although the President was scolded by the waitress for having a non-club susbstance on the table!! The perils of leadership!!

Apart from the Sabre sailors, a few others joined in as onshore support etc over the weekend which was greatly appreciated and made for a good weekend.

Sunday, the wind was not kind, and although race 3 was started, after about 90 mins all racing was abandoned and the fleet towed home.

Results on the Qld site soon,

PS Please collect empty 1litre Ribena containers for our next dinner outing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Events & Other Regattas’ is closed to new topics and replies.