Questions Regarding the QLD Nationals

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Championships Questions Regarding the QLD Nationals

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dulciechristense
    Participant

The following extract from the rules should clarify things:

1.7.5 Sails, rudder blades and centreboards shall be measured once annually prior to the sailing of National and/or State Titles and/or at such other times as a State and/or the National Committee shall direct.

Mike Simpson

liamedleston
    Keymaster

Has there been any further thought about when the club will be open to drop boats off, or is it still on the 29/12 (ie first day of racing).

The question was asked a month ago as part of the original post .

Given this will affect a large number of competitors travelling to the regatta from interstate, could someone from Qld please advise if any changes have been made which have not yet been communicated, or confirm the 29/12 is the only time.

Thanks

Ashley

Ewan Campbell
    Participant

💡 If you read your Notice of Race you will find at the very end of it information in regards to access to CYC before the 29/12/06 😉 There is now a change of plans to this, read the update below.

liamedleston
    Keymaster

Thanks Goanna, I have read that part in the NOR.

Given there are probably around 20 cars with boats travelling, that would mean 20 individual phone calls to the CYC to organise getting the club open.

I’m happy to call and arrange a time individually, but wouldn’t it be simpler for CYC and the competitors to have a window open in the later part of the day on the 28th.

Ashley

Scott Olsen
    Participant

As some of us are arriving in the evening of 27 Dec, I’d like to be dropping off my boat, unpacking it, and going for a sale in the morning of 28 Dec. Don’t need access to the clubhouse – just the gate open !

Ewan Campbell
    Participant

8) Rob Jackson will be at Cleveland Yacht Club on 28/12/06 between 10am and 5pm to allow access to any of you that are travelling up earlier, if there are any other questions you can contact Rob on 0417632886. Merry Christmas to all, have a safe journey, see you real soon. 😉

Scott Olsen
    Participant

Thanks Anne for arranging this – see you in a few weeks

lamarstrehlow74
    Participant

Hi All Sabre Sailors,

Firstly, good luck to all competing in the Nationals this year at Cleveland. May the wind blow!!!

Contray to anything the old man has written, I have been practising my onshore training in London to compete with Wayne, Nanna and Fisty. I had tried to reply to the postings but was blocked from London as a spammer! I have been doing some sailing in London but it’s a poor cousin to sailing on Port Phillip!

Have fun in Cleveland, keep those fluids up!

Ciao,

Maree Early
    Hello Buoys (currently being air dried for extra speed!)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Championships’ is closed to new topics and replies.